[cabfpub] Validation WG

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Mon Nov 7 17:38:13 UTC 2016

In my opinion, this working group was properly chartered in Ballot 143 (which I note Mozilla voted YES).  The working group was never formally terminated but rather was put in a "dormant" status since the production of ballot 169. I think working group members needed a break after 1.5 years of work. Restarting the work of this group shouldn't require a ballot unless the scope has changed.

We haven't been putting in "end dates" for working groups rather, deliverables which more accurately reflect the mission of the group.

Code Signing was a different issue as I believe the argument there was there wasn't a formal ballot to charter the group.

Dean