[cabfpub] IPR Exclusion notices

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Wed May 4 17:42:22 UTC 2016

Dean,

Based on the advice we've received, I don't believe that would be useful.
The matter is unlikely to be able to be settled by the Forum - in the event
of lawsuit, it will have to be resolved by adjudication. While individual
members and their counsel may have differing opinions as to the
appropriateness of the exclusions, the Forum itself cannot offer a legal
opinion. The possibilities would be to update the Bylaws or propose a new
ballot, and that's a significant enough activity that it would likely
require a separate exploration.