[cabfpub] Membership reinstatements

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue May 3 21:30:31 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Dean Coclin <Dean_Coclin at symantec.com>
wrote:

> As a result of signing the new IPR agreement, the following members, who
> were suspended, have been reinstated:
>
> Firmaprofessional
>
> Digidentity
>
> Wells Fargo
>

> That leaves SECOM and Visa as the remaining past members that have not yet
> signed.

Dean,

While we discussed it on a past call, I believe the statement was that
because the bylaws provide no such intermediate state for a member - that
is, suspended, but still a member - that any of those removed for not
executing the IPR Agreement would need to come in as new members.

I realize this is procedurally frustrating, but per 2.1(c), I believe they
need to reapply as members, as discussed previously, and to go through
approvals. While a trivial formality, it's better to follow the bylaws and
avoid any concerns.