[cabfpub] IPR Exclusion notices

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Tue May 3 15:50:25 UTC 2016

As discussed on last week's call, there appears to have been some ambiguity
in the instructions to organizations that wanted to provide an exclusion
notice in accordance with the latest IPR policy. The ballot stated that this
had to be done within 60 days in accordance with the policy but the policy
said that notice had to be provided to the CA/B Forum chair and not to the
public list or anywhere else as we've done in the past. For example, it was
mentioned that one company posted their exclusion notice to the wiki but did
not notify the Chair. Is this acceptable? Another organization notified the
chair by the deadline (the chair did not post it until after the deadline).
And we never sent a formal reminder out prior to the deadline.

For these reasons, I would propose that we extend the deadline another 30
days with clear instructions that the notice should be posted to the public
list. Is anyone willing to endorse such a proposal? We can collaboratively
work on the language to insure clarity.

Thanks,
Dean