[cabfpub] Code Signing Working Group

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Tue May 10 09:18:10 MST 2016

Fair enough, thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gervase Markham [mailto:gerv at mozilla.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:49 AM
To: Dean Coclin <Dean_Coclin at symantec.com>; Rich Smith
<richard.smith at comodo.com>; public at cabforum.org
Subject: Re: [cabfpub] Code Signing Working Group

Hi Dean,

On 10/05/16 13:07, Dean Coclin wrote:
> Jeremy reminds me that there are valid EV Code Signing issues to
> discuss (see recent posting to the public list). As you know, the EV
> Code Signing doc is a valid CA/B Forum document. What is your proposal
> for discussing those? Agenda item in regular meeting? CSWG item?

My proposal is that, like updates to e.g. the Network Security document or the
Bylaws (until recently) or any other document without its own WG, they would
be handled in the regular meeting on the regular list. If at some point the
volume became too great, we could properly charter a WG to bear the load.

The Bylaws say "The Forum shall not be required to submit any matter to a
Working Group, but may itself draft requirements and guidelines without a
Working Group in its discretion." That's what I'm proposing we do, but if
people think the volume is great enough, we can charter a new properly-scoped
WG, no problem.