[cabfpub] Code Signing Working Group

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue May 10 05:49:06 MST 2016

Hi Dean,

On 10/05/16 13:07, Dean Coclin wrote:
> Jeremy reminds me that there are valid EV Code Signing issues to discuss (see
> recent posting to the public list). As you know, the EV Code Signing doc is a
> valid CA/B Forum document. What is your proposal for discussing those? Agenda
> item in regular meeting? CSWG item?

My proposal is that, like updates to e.g. the Network Security document
or the Bylaws (until recently) or any other document without its own WG,
they would be handled in the regular meeting on the regular list. If at
some point the volume became too great, we could properly charter a WG
to bear the load.

The Bylaws say "The Forum shall not be required to submit any matter to
a Working Group, but may itself draft requirements and guidelines
without a Working Group in its discretion." That's what I'm proposing we
do, but if people think the volume is great enough, we can charter a new
properly-scoped WG, no problem.