[cabfpub] Pre-ballot on membership requirement update

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Thu Mar 17 15:28:39 UTC 2016

I am looking for 2 endorsers for the following:

Background:

Section 2.1 (a)(1) says that Issuing CAs "actively issue certificates to Web
servers."

Section 2.1(b) of the bylaws lists the items needed in a membership
application by CAs.

But that section does not ask the CA applicant to provide a 3rd party
website where the CA/B Forum can validate that they are actively issuing
certs to web servers.  We do however ask the applicant this question, after
they have submitted their application. It would be helpful to have this in
the bylaws so we don't have to go back and ask every time.

Specific change:

Add under 2.1(b)

(7) The URL of at least one third party website that is using a certificate
from the applicant's CA which can be examined by Forum members

Thanks,
Dean