[cabfpub] Verification of Legal Existence Ballot

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu May 14 17:44:00 UTC 2015

Thanks Ryan,

The definition of a Verified Legal Opinion and Verified Accountant Letter requires verification under 11.11.1 or 11.11.2 of the EV Guidelines, meaning the verification process for the letter is built into the definition itself.

For government entities, the working group decided that if we were permitting Private Organizations and Business Entities to use accountant letters, then government entities should be permitted to do so as well. The inclusion of accountants was intentional.

Jeremy