[cabfpub] EV Wildcards

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Fri Mar 20 13:50:49 UTC 2015

It seems awfully speculative to say EV would have prevented this under the current EV requirements.

Bruce Morton <bruce.morton at entrust.com> wrote:

Here is my recollection from an event.

We were informed that a site with a certificate we issued was blacklisted. We informed the customer which had a wildcard certificate and they had a site which they did not know about. Not sure if it was an internal attack or how it was posted. The result was not that we had a bad subscriber, but we had a subscriber which was attacked, but did not know it yet.

Bruce.