[cabfpub] List of issues on Insurance, Financial Responsibility discussion

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Mar 9 09:42:07 UTC 2015

On 08/03/15 18:34, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> I realize that any member can bring up any discussion item and that
> there are no closed issues.  I am not contending that.  My concern is
> that the Forum is discussing insurance AGAIN at a face to face. This is
> a waste of time. The topic has failed four votes, has no discernable
> benefit to end users, fills up F2F spots that could be used to discuss
> real security concerns, and lacks any new information that wasn’t
> already discussed over the past year.

I can add another reason to these: Kirk has prepared an excellent
document, which he was kind enough to show me a draft of, outlining the
history and possible options. It is comprehensive, but the size of it
also suggests to me that there is no chance that we'll be able to have a
discussion which makes progress in the limited time that has been scheduled.

If this topic is to be reopened, we should approach it a different way -
not through face-to-face discussion, and not by email. Something like a
wiki page which can be collaboratively edited so that each possible
option can be explored and the best case for each change (and the
arguments against) outlined and presented over time.