[cabfpub] Reposting on behalf of others

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Mar 2 20:20:56 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Dean Coclin <Dean_Coclin at symantec.com>
wrote:

> For new member applications (CAs and Browsers), you are correct. Those are
> discussed on our calls.
>

> But for Interested parties (which mainly are for working groups), if they
> submit the signed IPR, then we add them to the WG mailing list. I believe
> Tom Ritter was the first member of the public which was just interested in
> posting to the public list but I don’t recall discussing that in a meeting,
> did we?
>
> Dean

Without posting the full transcript, I'll note that it was you who brought
it to the management list - for a timed period of discussion - and Kirk who
provided the analysis of our bylaws.

It was this inconsistency between how Tom was handled and how Adrien has
been handled that prompted my original message - seeking confirmation that
indeed Adrien had been accepted as an Interested Party (which has
subsequently been confirmed, due to executing the IPR)

That still leaves the matter of posting to the public list and sending
messages for those who are not (yet) confirmed as Interested Parties.