[cabfpub] [CABFORUM] Re: Ballot 146 - Convert Baseline Requirements to RFC 3647 Framework

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Mar 24 21:32:58 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM, Peter Bowen <pzbowen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been working on a project to convert the draft of this
> reformatting to Markdown format and building the wrappers needed to
> convert this to both HTML and PDF.  I just pushed the current state to
> GitHub: https://github.com/pzb/PublicCP
>
> It uses Kramdown's Inline Attribute List feature to store the mapping
> of the current BR to the new format.  There are a few sections that
> are not currently in the doc, but the majority should be there.
>
> The overall license on the project is CC BY, but obviously it contains
> content under a variety of licenses.
>
> I'm very open to pull requests or even moving it to another project
> (instead of my personal GitHub account).
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Peter,

Thanks for performing this translation!

I'd like to add that such a conversion makes it significantly easier for
all parties to contribute changes to the Baseline Requirements. Currently,
the documents are maintained in Microsoft Word with "Track Changes", which
is quite difficult for those who don't use Word. It also makes it easier to
track changes from multiple revisions, without having to look at each
individual red-line document.

Is there any chance that you have a sample PDF or HTML production of this
that you could reference (perhaps adding to the Github), to make it easier
for members to see the final output.