[cabfpub] Chrome currently requiring 3 SCTs for 14 month certs

Tim Shirley TShirley at trustwave.com
Tue Mar 24 18:40:56 UTC 2015

FYI to all, we discovered an issue in Chrome's SCT checking yesterday that is causing 3 SCTs to be required for certificates valid for 14 months instead of the 15 month threshold stated in the Chrome EV plan.  I filed a bug against Chromium here (https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=470169) but wanted to call attention to it in this forum so other CAs are aware and in the hopes that it can be addressed soon.

Thanks,

Tim Shirley
Software Architect
t: +1 412.395.2234

Trustwave | SMART SECURITY ON DEMAND
www.trustwave.com<http://www.trustwave.com/>

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format.