[cabfpub] Domain validation proposal update

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Jun 23 03:43:53 MST 2015

Hi everyone,

I won't be in Zurich, but I am on a plane, which is a good time to
review documents. So:

On 18/06/15 16:38, Jeremy Rowley wrote:
> Attached is the domain validation proposal draft from the validation
> working group. We hope to discuss this with everyone in Zurich and on
> the mailing list. We look forward to your comments and finalizing this
> proposal.

* The new definition of Base Domain: is this not defined already? I'm
sure we have a reference to the Public Suffix List somewhere, along with
a note that one should prefer a newer mechanism if one is defined.

* Authorization domain, ii): I assume "one or more" means "take off at
least the *", but a * is not technically part of an FQDN. This may need
rewording.

* Authorization domain, iii): this seems to define Base Domain again but
without reference to the PSL, and so getting it wrong and leaving cases
out. Surely this should be defined in terms of Base Domain?

* I'm unable to look up the definition of Domain Authorization Document,
as I'm on a plane, but I may have further feedback on that method.