[cabfpub] Ballot 141 - 142

Eddy Nigg eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Mon Jan 19 16:27:21 UTC 2015

On 01/19/2015 03:42 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Ballot 142 (remove the insurance requirements) currently has 100%
> browser and 60% CA support. It needs 3 more CA YES votes to pass,
> otherwise it will fail.

We clearly prefer to stop wasting our money for an insurance that
doesn't provide anything and instead use it for something better than
that, but not what Kirk suggested (sorry about that Kirk).

We had insurances in place before we complied to the EV guidelines,
probably that was more effective already back then. If the ballot
succeeds, CAs can (and should) get insurances according to their
markets, requirements, products and legal conditions within their
jurisdiction.

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO