[cabfpub] IPv6 support

Eddy Nigg eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Feb 13 22:58:11 UTC 2015

On 02/14/2015 12:33 AM, Dean Coclin wrote:
> You'll probably realize after reading this that there isn't much
> actionable material here as many members are "scoping" or "waiting for
> info" without any concrete response dates.  We'll keep this tally
> going and update as we get more info.
>
> Globalsign: Yes, can support
>
> Symantec: We don't support this today. We've received very little
> demand for it from customers, but we're in the process of scoping out
> the effort.
>
> Comodo:Yes, for CRL and OCSP
>
> TrendMicro:Yes
> GoDaddy: Waiting for info from network team
>
> Entrust:Yes for CRL and OCSP.
>
> Trustwave:We don't support this today. Just started scoping the
> effort. Not many requests for this
>
> Digicert:We currently do not support it.  Our connectivity providers
> support it, and it could be done with CRLs and OCSP, but we'd need to
> look for any gotchas before pulling the trigger.  We've only had a
> couple of customers ask whether we support it.

To add StartCom to the list, we could support it for almost everything,
but we have some historical CRL distribution points that can't support
IPv6 for now. It seems that OCSP would work, but CRLs not 100%.

Same as with Digicert, demand for IPv6 has been so low that we haven't
invested into it so far.

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO