[cabfpub] Merge EV Guidelines into Baseline Requirements CP?

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Mon Aug 31 13:57:39 UTC 2015

As I've looked at what is ahead of us (in the Policy Review Working Group),
I have concluded that I'd prefer to put the EV Guidelines into the Baseline
Requirements CP.  The EV Guidelines would lose their identity as a separate
document, but if we merge the two, we can avoid a lot of back and forth
between two documents because everything would be in one document.  Other
CPs have taken this approach of having multiple policies in the same CP
document.  Not sure what other people think, but I thought I'd mention this
idea here, in case it helps guide the WG as we review the EVG document in
the upcoming weeks.  (I did send out a rough draft of an RFC-3647-formatted
EV Guidelines to the Policy Review Working Group to get us started.)  If
people are amenable to merging the documents, then that might save us some
work in the long run.  Otherwise, we can move forward with editing of the
RFC-3647 formatted version of the EV Guidelines as a separate document,
which is fine, too.