[cabfpub] Reposts/Forwards to the Public List (Was: Re: FW: FW: downgrade DV UI RE: OIDs for DV and OV)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Nov 12 13:07:53 UTC 2014

On 10/11/14 20:20, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> As I am most certainly not a lawyer, it'd be great to hear from those
> who were most concerned about the IPR about this, without having to
> re-open the entire IPR policy discussion.

I have argued on multiple occasions for us to provide a IPR "disclaimer"
as an alternative to the IPR policy, which basically says:

"If I talk about any technology to which I hold a patent, you can have
an unlimited license to it, no problem."

This would be short, simple, impose no ongoing obligations or
administrative burden, and would be used by people who didn't actually
hold any patents - which would be most individuals who might want to
participate.

But no-one has ever written such a document. :-|