[cabfpub] DV/OV UI

Eddy Nigg eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Tue Nov 11 16:42:00 UTC 2014

On 11/11/2014 03:51 PM, Gervase Markham wrote:
> I think the CAB Forum would be on a rather sticky wicket (to use a
> British expression) with respect to anti-trust if we tried to ban the
> sale of DV for e-commerce (or any other application).

I think nobody suggested that, rather about indicators about the
validation type/level. Which has been proved to be without issues with EV.

As such, certificates could be limited to particular use cases, there
are already various different types in X.509 world. But lets leave that
for a different discussion :-)

--
Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO