[cabfpub] downgrade DV UI RE: OIDs for DV and OV

陳立群 realsky at cht.com.tw
Tue Nov 4 13:52:24 UTC 2014

    I agree with Richard’s suggestion. Display the “domain ownership verified” for DV SSL certificate. Show the Website owner’s company or organization name in the address bar near the pad lock for an OV SSL certificate. Maybe a yellow line (or other color) or no line for an OV SSL certificate vs. green line of  an EV SSL certificate.

        DV SSL certificates are very easy and quickly to obtain, and provide little value than OV or EV SSL certificates.

       Microsoft and Mozilla Root certificate program has asked  CAs issue DV or OV SSL certificates to be audited by CA/B forum SSL B.R. CA should submit the audit report to the Root Certificate Program and disclose the result to the public by maintain a seal each year.  We suggest Browsers should have the different UI for DV and OV SSL certificates.

Li-Chun CHEN

Engineer

CISSP, CISA, CISM, PMP,

Information & Communication Security Department

Data Communication Business   Group

Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.

 <mailto:realsky at cht.com.tw> realsky at cht.com.tw

+886-2-2344-4820#4025