[cabfpub] a different UI for OV RE: OIDs for DV and OV

Richard Wang richard at wosign.com
Thu Nov 6 01:35:22 UTC 2014

Eddy bring out another problem for OV that we don’t have a uniform standard for OV, this is the problem.

DV only for domain name ownership validation that it is very easy to do, no need to have a standard, and EV we have the standard, only OV vetting is using the different policies for each CA.

So maybe CAB Forum need to come out a OV standard, then the browsers can make sure this cert is really standard OV, then they can give it a proper UI.

Best Regards,

Richard