[cabfpub] For discussion: Restricting the use of file-based demonstrations of control

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Sat May 31 09:01:49 MST 2014

Can you explain a bit on what security or technical value you see it
bringing? The CA is already responsible for generating a random string that
the customer must embed.

Additionally, the goal was to use a *single* well-known URI, so that site
operators have a single file to filter or control. Having multiple files
forces the entire path needing to be blacklisted.