[cabfpub] [cabfquest] FW: SHA1 Deprecation Ballot

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Thu Feb 20 17:33:08 UTC 2014

Ben, I'm puzzled about what you meant by "For now, I believe most CAs
are already in compliance."

How can a CA be non-compliant this side of July 2015?

On 20/02/14 15:41, Ben Wilson wrote:
> The problem is that we need more certainty for planning purposes and to
> be able to make meaningful progress in order to accomplish what
> Microsoft is recommending for us to do.  This is merely ratifying what
> we all know is the de facto policy due to Microsoft's position, which
> they have indicated will not change.  We can tweak this plan later in
> July 2015 if  Microsoft tweaks its policy, and between now and then
> we'll have the opportunity to collect data.  For now, I believe most CAs
> are already in compliance.

Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist
COMODO - Creating Trust Online
Office Tel: +44.(0)1274.730505
Office Fax: +44.(0)1274.730909
www.comodo.com

COMODO CA Limited, Registered in England No. 04058690
Registered Office:
   3rd Floor, 26 Office Village, Exchange Quay,
   Trafford Road, Salford, Manchester M5 3EQ

addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender by replying to the e-mail containing this attachment. Replies to
this email may be monitored by COMODO for operational or business
reasons. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure that e-mails are free
from viruses, no liability can be accepted and the recipient is
requested to use their own virus checking software.