[cabfpub] RFC 3647 Formatting of EV Guidelines and BaselineRequirements

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Tue Feb 11 16:07:03 UTC 2014

RFC 3647 is a recommended format for a CP.  The baseline requirements are a
CP.  Putting the BRs and EV Guidelines in the recommended format simplifies
the comparison between a CA’s practices and the industry requirements.  If
there are “holes”, it’s simply because we lack requirements in that area.
Reformatting the CP really shows where we are deficient in our requirements.
I agree with Kirk that we shouldn’t create requirements where there aren’t
problems, but some of these “hole” topics may be worth discussing further.

jeremy