[cabfpub] Bylaw Amendments: Working Groups

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Nov 18 15:03:16 UTC 2013

On 15/11/13 21:49, Ben Wilson wrote:
> Alternatively, we could delete the language above in 5.2 (a) and (b) and
> also revise 5.2(e) and 5.3 to refer only to “Final Working Group Drafts
> that have been approved for forwarding to the Forum as final Working
> Group product by two-thirds vote of WG members voting”).

That sounds fine, as long as a copy of the latest draft of any document
is available to any forum member on request. (This seems like a basic
matter of politeness so I'm not sure if it's worth encoding into the
Bylaws.)

I think perhaps the membership needs to be aware at a high level of what
documents a group is working on, so perhaps we should require a
notification of the form: "The Performance Working Group has decided to
produce two documents: recommendations for CAs and recommendations for
server operators", or similar thing?