[cabfpub] Agenda Items for Next Call

i-barreira at izenpe.net i-barreira at izenpe.net
Fri Nov 22 02:43:37 MST 2013

Gooooood morning,

What I´m proposing is that have another reliable trust source for admitting a CA as a member on the CABF other than the browser root stores or at least in the meantime they´re applying to be included in these root stores. I´m not proposing to change any other of the requisites like certifications, samples, etc.

Regarding the use of the TSL, well, it´s something that has been dealt in the CABF sometime, it´s something that worries some of the non EU CAs to work in the EU when the new regulation goes live in spring next year, it´s something that some root store providers are considering to include in their own programs (they can save resources if someone else do it for them at least for the European CAs) and finally it´s something that it´s in the law and mandatory (at least for qualified services).

I think that it´s not a big deal to say in the membership requirements criteria that for those european CAs (and there are from some other countries as you can check it in your house) to include the TL in which they are listed (and we can add that also probe that they are also requesting the inclusion in the browser root program).

Regarding the TSL, I can admit that it is not "easy" to follow and that depending on the country the difficulties are higher, for example, the Italian, German and Spanish TL are the bigger and OTOH you can have Malta, Cyprus, etc which have only one page, and this is something that was mentioned in the last ENISA workshop in Brussels in which some of the CABF members attended. And regarding the SSL/TLS certs, well, at the moment these are "non-qualified" services and then it´s not mandatory to be included in the country´s TL but voluntary (in Spain they are not included but in France they are). In any case, things are going to change and here you can have the "implementing act" regarding the TSL approved and that will be applied in the EU by February 2014.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2013:306:0021:0039:EN:PDF

Regards

Iñigo Barreira
Responsable del Área técnica
i-barreira at izenpe.net

945067705

ERNE! Baliteke mezu honen zatiren bat edo mezu osoa legez babestuta egotea. Mezua badu bere hartzailea. Okerreko helbidera heldu bada (helbidea gaizki idatzi, transmisioak huts egin) eman abisu igorleari, korreo honi erantzuna. KONTUZ!
ATENCION! Este mensaje contiene informacion privilegiada o confidencial a la que solo tiene derecho a acceder el destinatario. Si usted lo recibe por error le agradeceriamos que no hiciera uso de la informacion y que se pusiese en contacto con el remitente.