[cabfpub] CAA records on google.com

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Thu Jun 20 14:35:44 UTC 2013

Eddy,

Very good point. We (Symantec) offer several different brands, and I'm considering how to indicate "any Symantec brand" vs a specific Symantec brand.

-Rick

On Jun 20, 2013, at 9:02 AM, "Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.)" <eddy_nigg at startcom.org<mailto:eddy_nigg at startcom.org>> wrote:

On 06/19/2013 11:10 PM, From Adam Langley:

These correspond (I hope) to "issue" and "issuewild" records with a
value of "symantec.com<http://symantec.com>". We are not aware of any CA that looks for
these records yet but we believe that, reasonably implemented, CAA is
a low-cost, modest-benefit technique and this is a public show of
support.

Just for your consideration and that of the RFC editors....the value of the CA probably has to be standardized in some fashion to make this machine parseable. Most likely this record wont be checked by humans, at least not initially.

Regards

Signer:         Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
        StartCom Ltd.<http://www.startcom.org>
XMPP:   startcom at startcom.org<xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>