[cabfpub] CAA records on google.com

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Thu Jun 20 07:01:20 UTC 2013

On 06/19/2013 11:10 PM, From Adam Langley:
> These correspond (I hope) to "issue" and "issuewild" records with a
> value of "symantec.com". We are not aware of any CA that looks for
> these records yet but we believe that, reasonably implemented, CAA is
> a low-cost, modest-benefit technique and this is a public show of
> support.

Just for your consideration and that of the RFC editors....the value of
the CA probably has to be standardized in some fashion to make this
machine parseable. Most likely this record wont be checked by humans, at
least not initially.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>