[cabfpub] Proposed addition to BRs allowing issuance of <2048

Horne, Rob rob.horne at trustis.com
Fri Jun 14 14:48:31 UTC 2013

This is valid but getting away from the point I was trying to make. If all implementations of webserver and browsers could handle 4096 bit keys then should we all make the jump to that? My point was should the implementation web browser SSL drive the security of all PKI implementations? Or to turn the argument on its head, if "non-web pki" cannot be an exception how can non-web pki ever be publicly trusted?

Web is not synonymous with Internet, but it sure looks like it's getting that way ;-)

Rob