[cabfpub] Deprecating support for long-lived certificates

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Thu Aug 29 19:58:28 UTC 2013

Isn't "day" imprecise? Why not use the equivalent in hours? How will we
deal with leap seconds? Perhaps measure in seconds? That is, all measures
of time are, to some degree, imprecise.

I agree that "month" can indeed be ambiguous if used without a point of
reference. However, and particularly in the case of validity, the point of
reference is the issuance period, as measured by the notBefore to the
notAfter. In that case, and using UTC (as the certificate profile
requires), it should be unambiguous, should it not?