[cabfpub] Ballot 107 - Removing version numbers to WebTrust andETSI standards from CABF Guidelines (EVG and BR)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Aug 8 15:15:34 UTC 2013

On 30/07/13 16:59, Ben Wilson wrote:
> We could, but we might want to rewrite the paragraph and explain it more.

Mozilla votes NO - see below for why.

Looking at the discussion history for ballot 107, it was proposed, and
then various people provided comments, but it has not been withdrawn or
resubmitted, and voting ends tomorrow. (With one early vote from Trend
Micro and one from GlobalSign being the only current outstanding votes).

I think consideration needs to be given to the feedback provided and so,
to prevent it 'accidentally' passing when most people seem not to have
voted, Mozilla votes NO. We are not against in principle, but we wish to
see either a good explanation of why the proposed changes are not
necessary, or the ballot being withdrawn and updated. If the former is
provided before the deadline, we would certainly consider changing our vote.

Unfortunately, I am not able to be on the call today.