[cabfpub] Possible Language for Lightweight IPR Agreement

Tom Albertson tomalb at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 30 15:15:44 MST 2013

Ben, I have to agree with Gerv - the only thing I can see about the lightweight IPR is it references the IPR agreement by URL, rather than print it all out for the signer.  Whether the signer is an individual or represents an organization, they appear to be signing on to the entire IPR. I would expect it to reference a document that has only the 'lighter-weight obligations.'  Is the intention is to make some class of Forum membership obligated to a subset of IPR obligations?  This doesn't appear to achieve that.