[cabfpub] Revised document for Ballot 89 - Adopt Requirements for the Processing of EV SSL Certificates v.2

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Sun Oct 14 15:45:10 MST 2012

On 10/13/2012 12:22 AM, From Hill, Brad:

>   I don’t think the CABF has any grounds to discourage such DANE
> options unless it discourages DV similarly or justifies why DV should
> be treated any differently.

If you trust .IR and for that matter also .COM registrars, why now....

...but then, it would matter for PAYPA1.COM and MICR0S0FT.COM - and for
the former it would be a real problem for your organization wouldn't it
be for that fact that you bought this very domain already to prevent its
use. We all know that the domain name registrars couldn't care less.

That's just to give you an example. But probably it should be possible
to get some PAYPAL.XX or G00GLE.XX. Or perhaps GMAI1.COM?

Others made some good points too, thought to add mine.

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
XMPP: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>