[cabfpub] [cabfman] Ballot 92 - Subject Alternative Names

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Fri Nov 16 23:06:54 UTC 2012

The language in Section 9.2.1 permits MDCs containing separate registered domains if the owner of the registered domains are the same.  In that case, the owner of the domain doesn’t need to be listed in the certificate.

For example, if digicert.com and example.com are both owned by DigiCert, then subject information is not required because relying parties can readily identify a single entity as controlling the private keys for all of the listed domains.

Jeremy