[cabfpub] [cabfman] Ballot 92 - Subject Alternative Names

Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) eddy_nigg at startcom.org
Fri Nov 16 22:52:12 UTC 2012

On 11/16/2012 07:42 PM, From Jeremy Rowley:

> I would say the intent is to ensure that there is a legitimate party
> behind each certificate and reduce the risks associated with what we
> consider a high risk practice (as shown in the example I previously
> provided).  OV is not required if the owner of the domain names listed
> in the certificate is the same.

I've just come across your reply here and probably the last sentence
doesn't make any sense.

If the owner of the domain names is listed in the certificate, it's
probably and IV or OV certificate. So it's there already... :S

Regards
Signer: 	Eddy Nigg, COO/CTO
	StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org>
XMPP: 	startcom at startcom.org <xmpp:startcom at startcom.org>