[cabfpub] Fwd: [pkix] Straw-poll on OCSP responses for non-revoked certificates.

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Wed Nov 7 21:41:02 UTC 2012

Erwann,

I agree that resumption (removeFromCRL) is allowed only in delta CRLs, but I don't understand your interpretation of the RFC. If you're using full CRLs and you allow suspension but not resumption, then either

(a)    The cert must must remain suspended until it expires, or

(b)   The cert status can change from suspended (certificateHold) to valid

If (a), why use certificateHold at all? Why not use one of the other revocation reasons?
If (b), it seems that most people who have commented in this thread believe that should not be allowed.

-Rick