[cabfpub] Edited CA-Browser Forum Bylaws (v3)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Nov 8 07:55:13 MST 2012

On 05/11/12 18:07, kirk_hall at trendmicro.com wrote:
> I have now added a number of suggested edits to the previous Trend Micro
> document “Proposed CA-Browser Forum Bylaws (v1)”, which I posted on
> October 15.

Hi Kirk,

I have a couple of comments:

1.1. I'm not sure about the last sentence; I believe Ben proposed an
edit to it as well. I certainly take your point that the initial version
of the Bylaws should simply be codifying what we do already, but I'd
suggest that "text someone wrote for the website" (which is where these
two paras are from) is in a different category to "text adopted by the
Forum as a ballot". So I would support you accepting Ben's edit in this
case.

4.1. "filled by Forum Members". Members are companies or organizations;
would "filled by Member representatives" be better? I note that in the
definition section, the definition of Member contains a deliberate
reference to the ambiguity between the organization and the individual.
This 'solves' the problem, but leads to ambiguity. Would it not make
more sense to have two terms: "Member" for the org and "Member
representative" for the person, and use them consistently throughout?

Hope that helps,