[cabfpub] Observer Status

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed Aug 1 18:08:44 UTC 2012

The proposal containing rules for observers was placed on hold once governance reform began.  As such, we don't have clear guidelines on what constitutes an observer or how an observer participates in the Forum.  Also, there isn't an exemption for observers in the IPR document.  Therefore, we have a few options.  Unfortunately, each of them require a Forum vote which means these entities will be excluded from the Forum until at least next Thursday when we can take a vote.

I propose that we move forward by allowing former members to participate as observers in the IPR discussions and IPR working group without requiring a commitment to the IPR.  We can permit the Forum to approve observers by a majority vote during a teleconference in the same ballot next week.  Also, let's not remove anyone from any email lists yet.  Does anyone disagree with this approach?

Jeremy