[cabfpub] Observer Status

Hill, Brad bhill at paypal-inc.com
Wed Aug 1 10:39:33 MST 2012

Observer is the historic, but perhaps not best, terminology for PayPal's participation.

More accurately, we are a non-voting member.  From an IPR perspective, we certainly contribute, even if we do not directly submit ballots, etc.

Voting status and IPR status are orthogonal, and I don't think PayPal's current or prior "observer" status has much bearing on the new issues at hand.