[cabfcert_policy] CA vs. CAO

Ben Wilson ben.wilson at digicert.com
Mon Nov 21 13:47:14 MST 2016

On our most recent call, Peter Bowen and I again discussed use of "CA" vs.
something else.  (Back on May 5th I sent out a proposed "straw poll" to this
group, but I don't think I ever sent it to the public list.)  Peter and I
like the term "CA Operator" or abbreviated, "CAO".  The only downside, which
is a big one - I'll admit, is that  the term "CA" seems to  be used
pervasively within the Forum and elsewhere to refer to  the entity that
operates a CA.

Following our last call, I started to do a replacement of CA with CAO to see
how it would look/work, but I stopped because there would be many instances
to replace and I wanted to get more of a consensus from  this group and
potentially the public list.

Thoughts?

Ben