[cabfcert_policy] Mozilla policy concerning independant parties

Moudrick M. Dadashov md at ssc.lt
Thu May 21 17:00:35 MST 2015

The documents below clarify issues relevant to this and also, partly, to
the "Name-constraining government CAs, or not" threads, where we try to
find out whether there is a framework for "Government entities"
performing activities close to "Qualified Auditor" functions (when a CA
is owned, operated or run by Government, definition by Peter Kurrasch).

I thought some explanation can be found here:

**1. Regulation (EC) No 765/2008 of the European Parliament and of the
Council of 9 July 2008 setting out the requirements for accreditation
and market surveillance relating to the marketing of products and
repealing Regulation (EEC) No 339/93 (Text with EEA relevance)
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1432252294707&uri=CELEX:32008R0765

*2. Decision No 768/2008/EC of the European Parliament and of the
Council of 9 July 2008 on a common framework for the marketing of
products, and repealing Council Decision 93/465/EEC (Text with EEA
relevance) *
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1432248121358&uri=CELEX:32008D0768

AFAIK there is an ongoing work to update the legislation above but as of
today these are legally valid acts.

Thanks,
M.D.