[cabf_netsec] Ballot SC29 - delay voting period?

Neil Dunbar ndunbar at trustcorsystems.com
Mon Mar 16 03:11:52 MST 2020

All,

I note that (on the main SCWG list) Dimitris has asked for a 1+ week
delay in voting on SC29. While I do wish to proceed to the voting period
for this ballot ASAP, I am also sympathetic that a great many CAs are
deep into business continuity stress because of the coronavirus
situation, and maybe less able to consider the impacts of pending ballots.

I had intended the voting to start today (2020-03-16 17:00:00 UTC), but
in the spirit of ensuring that the ballot gets proper consideration, I
wondered if a week's delay (so voting to begin 2020-03-23) would be
acceptable to the group?

I would rather not push it any further, since we run the risk of the
ballot failing because of Bylaw 2.3 (c) - the 21 day rule.

Opinions? I know that we in the NetSec group have thrashed this around a
lot and its time to resolve it - if the desire to just 'clear it from
the books' is dominant, we can push for the existing voting period. But
I really don't want to push any voting window too far.

Cheers,

Neil