[cabf_netsec] SC20 and Adversarial Interpretation

Tim Hollebeek tim.hollebeek at digicert.com
Tue Feb 4 14:24:44 MST 2020

My personal opinion is that there is nothing that can be done in standards to
prevent perverse interpretations, and that attempting to do so introduces far
more problems than it solves.  The best solution to the problem is to make
the standards language clear, unambiguous, and auditable, and then let
relying parties hold those accountable who try to disguise non-compliance as
compliance.

-Tim