[cabf_netsec] Meeting 7 Feb 2019

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrustdatacard.com
Thu Feb 7 14:48:31 MST 2019

Here is my quick summary of the meeting. Others feel free to add any other comments.

There were very few people that joined the call and we did not do a final role call and confirm attendance.

Summary of discussion:

*        The group would like to review the document provided by Tim Crawford at the next meeting. There was agreement that the current document is too prescriptive and the definitions are causing some issues.

*        There was discussion that the current document should be replaced, rather than fixed. This could be done in a top down approach to defining principles and policies, then following up with options on how these can be implemented.

*        However, it was also discussed that the current document is causing pain to CAs and auditors. The solution to this would be for those that have issues to provide a pre-ballot to the NetSec subcommittee to review, update and get some endorsers. If there are no ballots, then there is nothing to fix. The review of Tim's document may also be a source for ballot items.

Next meeting is 21 February 2019.

Thanks,

Bruce Morton
Entrust Datacard