[cabf_netsec] Possible redefinition of Air-Gapped Zone

Neil Dunbar ndunbar at trustcorsystems.com
Wed Mar 7 11:40:14 MST 2018

All,

Reflecting on the nature of the discussion this morning regarding definitions versus requirements, I wonder if we can simply merge the first two sentences of the AGZ definition to be the following:

"Air Gapped Zone: A network of components or systems, connected via wired cabling, that is physically and logically disconnected from all other networks.”

A degenerate form of the AGZ, which is just an HSM itself, would still fit into this definition; and we’re not saying what wiring is needed (USB, Thunderbolt, Ethernet, etc would all work). It’s also implicit in the definition that no component can spill outside of the zone.

Just a thought,

Neil