[cabf_netsec] Short term fix list

Neil Dunbar ndunbar at trustcorsystems.com
Mon Jul 10 01:14:14 MST 2017

So, the general consensus is that automated system periods are expressed in days (e.g. password expiry), but that staff driven activities are expressed in calendar months (presumably to avoid possible clashes with weekends, public holidays, etc.)? I can get behind that.

I’m still a little unclear on why the password quality restrictions would only apply to accounts accessible from outside the controlling security zone. I mean - wouldn’t it be simpler to require that _all_ secure zone account passwords have a quality threshold and rotation time (including root passwords only usable from console)? Or is that introducing potentially controversial changes?

Cheers,

Neil