[Infrastructure] 2022-03-23 Draft Meeting Minutes

Martijn Katerbarg martijn.katerbarg at sectigo.com
Thu Mar 24 10:12:46 UTC 2022

Infrastructure Committee Meeting of 2022-03-23

Attendees:

Ben Wilson

Corey Bonnell

Daryn Wright

Inigo Barreira

Jos Purvis

Joseph Ramm

Kiran Tummala

Martijn Katerbarg

Tyler Myers

Wayne Thayer

Antitrust Statement: Read by Jos

Updates on the new membership tool:

Source code is checked into a CA/B Forum private GitHub repository. If anybody
needs access, please let Jos know. Jos is currently working on hosting part.
This is pending on DNS changes at the moment.

The DNS cutover to Route 53 scheduled for next Monday, after which this can be
completed.

The IPR agreement URL can now be added to a member organization record. In the
future we may look into allowing the tool to host the files, but for now we
will keep them in the wiki.

Discussion on which Forum Groups to add and how to differentiate. There was
agreement to add a column specifying the type of Forum Groups, such as WG or
subcommittees. Once we're online we can look at integrating these groups with
the mailing lists.

The V2 Registry import mechanism has been completed, there are however a
couple of issues with the current list. Wayne will set these straight in the
existing list.

Decision was made to add a "Interested Party - Private People" Member
organization in which any private people that are registered as an interested
party will be added.

Since the tool may give access to some private details, such as full
membership information, names and email addresses there was agreement to not
let members that are registered only as interested parties login to the new
system.

They at current also should not have access to the V2 Registry.

Corey suggested adding a function to copy the attendees list of a meeting so
it can be pasted directly into meeting minutes and will have the same format
every time. A GitHub issue to track this will be opened.

Corey also suggested to utilize the WebEx API to automate meeting details and
attendee registration even more. We will need to investigate how this works,
but since the current Attendee report from WebEx has some encoding
difficulties, this would be preferred in the long run.

DNS changeover:

As mentioned, the DNS cutover to Route 53 is scheduled for next Monday.

Website update:

Ben: Working on moving menus around, seems like it should work. Ben has sent
an email with the details to limit the number of items in the top menu.

There's agreement on not making the top menu too complex and crowded.

Ben will go ahead with re-organizing the main website's menu

Other business:

Corey mentioned that we as a group should come up with manuals and workflows
for GitHub use. This might be useful and there have been several requests made
for this since not everybody has experience with GitHub, raising ballots,
etc..

Jos agrees, and mentions that there is also a second request: It would be
helpful if there was some kind of style guide on what to do and not do with
MarkDown.

Ben suggest putting these documents in the  We should probably add this
information to the wiki start page under Instructions.

Corey Ben and Martijn are willing to work on that.