[Infrastructure] Member management database structure

Wayne Thayer wthayer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:10:07 UTC 2022

Martijn,

The schema looks quite comprehensive! Here are a few additional ideas to
consider:
- Interested Parties can be individuals. How will that be handled? (e.g.
create a dummy org for each individual?)
- If we're going to eventually use this system to drive mailing list
subscriptions, then we need to be able to define subcommittees. We may be
able to just use the existing group structure, but there are some
differences (e.g. subcommittees don't vote, and you need to be a member of
the WG to join a SC).
- I'm assuming that there won't be a "Forum" group since the bylaws dictate
that Forum membership is a function of WG membership. We'll just need to be
able to aggregate WG membership to create attendance lists for Forum
meetings.
- It'd be nice to add a column to member orgs to track IPR agreements. This
could be a URL to the signed agreement. Individual Interested Parties also
sign these agreements

Thanks,

Wayne