[Infrastructure] Password management

Jos Purvis (jopurvis) jopurvis at cisco.com
Fri Jul 10 11:36:33 MST 2020

In working on a perennial to-do item to reduce the ‘bus factor’ around admin functions, I’m trying to create a password archive we can check in to a private Github repository, so that there’s a protected store of passwords available to those that need it. Two questions:
Right now, I’m going to include the following—let me know if something’s missing!
CABF AWS EC2 passwords and host passwords
List management passwords
Is there a particular tool that people would prefer to use (or not use)? KeePass is simple (but there are a lot of varieties that don’t all use the same format), or we can use Bitwarden or something more Github-friendly like pass (https://www.passwordstore.org/) that still has GUI/mobile clients available.

--
Jos Purvis (jopurvis at cisco.com)
.:|:.:|:. cisco systems | Cryptographic Services