[Infrastructure] GitHub unintended consequences and triggering artifact generation

Dimitris Zacharopoulos (HARICA) dzacharo at harica.gr
Thu Aug 20 08:56:09 MST 2020

I followed
https://wiki.cabforum.org/github_redline_guide#chair_or_vice_chairactions_after_the_ipr_review_period
for SC30 and SC31 based on the existing pull request and review
(https://github.com/cabforum/documents/pull/203).

The process had a step to delete the temporary branch
(Ballot-SC30-and-31), which I did. Unfortunately, this also closed
https://github.com/cabforum/documents/pull/207 because it was depending
on the temporary branch Ballot-SC30-and-31.

Ryan, is this something you can fix? We should probably update the
instructions accordingly.

I also went to download the artifacts
(https://cabforum-travis-artifacts.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/builds/main/BR.docx)
after the merge, but they were not updated according to the last
commits. I assume that the artifacts are created the first time you
create the pull request and not when you add commits to that pull
request afterwards. Is that correct?

What would be the best way to generate these artifacts now? We probably
need to update the workflow to include steps to create the artifacts
after the last merge.

Thanks,
Dimitris.